The Technical Upgrade Assessment Investigates:
- Technical Upgrade Timeline
- High level review of Customizations, including Forms, Reports, Custom VPDs and Triggers
- Impact of Functional Steps
- Problems with your Data
- Future Capacity Requirements
- Operating System Recommendations
- I/O Subsystem Requirements for R12.2
- Memory Requirements for Weblogic and the Application Tier
- Tech Stack Version Compatibility and Patch Levels, including CPUs, PSUs, RPCs and Exadata Bundles
- Current Issues from Log files
- Current unresolved service requests
- Hardware Recommendations
- Migration Strategies - We are DataPump experts
- Upgrading to Oracle Identity Management and Oracle Access Manager, to replace Single Sign-On.
If the plan includes buying new hardware, consider migrating to 64 bit Linux. Linux is the primary development platform for EBS.
- Release 184.108.40.206 doesn’t support running the Application Tier on a 64-bit hardware platform; however, Release 12 does support 64-bit architectures for the Application Tier.
- Release 12.1 and Release 12.2 all support running the database on a 64-bit operating system, in a split or mixed architecture.
- There are five hardware platforms supported for Release 12.1 and all of the platforms support a 64 bit version.
- There are less memory restrictions on a 64-bit machine because of additional addressable memory.
- Because of more addressable memory, more users can be supported on each Application Tier.
- MRP and other programs run much more quickly in a 64-bit database.
R12.2.10 Technical Upgrade Assessment
Oracle E-Business Suite R12.2 Upgrade Training & R12.2 Consulting